Monday, January 17, 2011

Facebook and Twitter

I have had a facebook account for a couple of years ever since my friend moved to Mexico and invited me to join so i could see her photos and stay in touch. I don't really use it alot, and weeks can go by before i check it each time, but I find it is a great way to keep up with people I don't see regularly like friends in other countries or towns. I think also that Facebook can be a big time waster if used too much.
I just don't have the time or inclination to be on it checking it too much.
Using facebook for libraries can be useful in involving patrons in whats going on in the library and letting them know of up and coming events etc.


My Twitter name is Suncatcher64


I think twitter could be used in the library the same way as facebook, to post updates to many people simultaneously. I'm not sure if i would really use it alot but lets wait and see! Iam starting to catch on to twitter abit more, it is an instantaeous way to write a short sentence on whats happening at that moment
or what is coming up in someones day but can also be used in a more professional setting such as the library to notify users of what events are coming up or whats taking place at the library.


I guess alot of twittering is just empty and pointless telling others what one had for breakfast or other insignificant things but it can have its more positive uses.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look!! Keep up the good work, it gets easier:) I agree with you about facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, but I think the phone is a good way as well.

    ReplyDelete